WWPD?: 9 Nov 2005
Bonjour!
The rains have come to Montreal. It's winter. Eventually the rain will turn to snow and the city will be white. Tonight bits of precipitation seemed to hover around the lights as if it was almost time for white.
Rachel and I have been eating cereal and bread for dinner because I've been too maxed out to make us food in addition to school work and everything else. Rachel is thrilled though. She says it's just like getting up and getting to eat breakfast while watching a movie except then you don't have to go to school cause you already did.
Tonight she also told me about soul mates. She said someone was talking about soul mates in a movie she watched and that they said there could only be one. But Rachel told me it's not true. She says when it comes to soul mates, there can be hundreds. But you can choose one, if you want to.
I'll have to change my personal mantra if I accept Rachel's wisdom. It isn't so easy to walk around saying to myself, "WWPD--What would Plato do?" when my daughter has just told me that Plato is wrong.
Rachel also said to me though, "Maybe you find them and maybe you don't. Huh, Mom?"
Things are fine here. It's crunch time for me and I'm definitely being crunched. Yesterday a presentation I did for a class went well. But I've got another two-hour one coming up in a couple weeks. And three papers left to write.
Rachel is picking up French and seems to be making friends at school. She doesn't cry or complain about going anymore. And when we get there we go through our morning goodbye ritual and she trots off across the playground on her own. For her birthday Rachel got ice hockey skates. She's looking forward to taking advantage of the skating lake that will be two blocks from our house this winter.
We send our love to all of you. I hope your November is going nicely. Happy Veteran's Day and Happy US Thanksgiving.
Bonjourne!
Elaine
The rains have come to Montreal. It's winter. Eventually the rain will turn to snow and the city will be white. Tonight bits of precipitation seemed to hover around the lights as if it was almost time for white.
Rachel and I have been eating cereal and bread for dinner because I've been too maxed out to make us food in addition to school work and everything else. Rachel is thrilled though. She says it's just like getting up and getting to eat breakfast while watching a movie except then you don't have to go to school cause you already did.
Tonight she also told me about soul mates. She said someone was talking about soul mates in a movie she watched and that they said there could only be one. But Rachel told me it's not true. She says when it comes to soul mates, there can be hundreds. But you can choose one, if you want to.
I'll have to change my personal mantra if I accept Rachel's wisdom. It isn't so easy to walk around saying to myself, "WWPD--What would Plato do?" when my daughter has just told me that Plato is wrong.
Rachel also said to me though, "Maybe you find them and maybe you don't. Huh, Mom?"
Things are fine here. It's crunch time for me and I'm definitely being crunched. Yesterday a presentation I did for a class went well. But I've got another two-hour one coming up in a couple weeks. And three papers left to write.
Rachel is picking up French and seems to be making friends at school. She doesn't cry or complain about going anymore. And when we get there we go through our morning goodbye ritual and she trots off across the playground on her own. For her birthday Rachel got ice hockey skates. She's looking forward to taking advantage of the skating lake that will be two blocks from our house this winter.
We send our love to all of you. I hope your November is going nicely. Happy Veteran's Day and Happy US Thanksgiving.
Bonjourne!
Elaine

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home